Thursday, June 10, 2010

Two months old

I am in complete disbelief that two months have gone by. I mean, I have a two month old son, that is craziness! He is pure sweetness though, isn't he?! How could you not love that face?? This has been an interesting past two months. I have to say, we have been very blessed with a child that sleeps well and eats very well and is healthy and happy - we really won the lottery with this kiddo! E is eating a ton - at least 6 bottles a day, 5 1/2 to 6 ounces a bottle. Over the past month he has gone from 9 pounds 15 ounces to a whopping 13 pounds 8 ounces (yep, you read that right!) and has shot up from 21 3/4 inches to 23 3/4 inches tall. He is in the 80th percentile straight across the board for his 2 month check-up! He is sleeping at least 6 hours at night, sometimes more, which makes mama very happy! His pediatrician said that if his weight gain stays this steady and he is over the 95th percentile next month then we will probably be starting cereal after next month's check-up to keep his weight gain and calorie intake under control. He got his first round of shots today and he did really well, although I am a little fearful of tonight because he has pretty much been sleeping all day since we got home so this could be a really long night!

Motherhood is so much better than I ever could have imagined. Maybe if I had a kiddo with more normal eating & sleeping habits I might not be as in love with it as I am, but I am a person who has NEVER considered staying at home with my children and I now wish more than anything that we could afford for me to so I could spend more time with him. I am so thankful every day for the opportunity to be this little boy's mother. He is truly amazing and I love every minute that I get to spend with him. This life of mine is going to be one wild ride ;-)

No comments: