Thursday, September 11, 2008

life or something like it

I feel like a lot should have happened since my last post, but that really isn't the case. It's kinda strange, we've been really busy but I guess just not with any noteworthy events. Let's see - since my last post here is a little recap of the main things that have happened....my BIL bought a house & moved in (freeing up the parts of our house/garage that were his storage units!!), my dad had a birthday (62 - wahoo!), Greg & I celebrated our 2nd anniversary as a legal version of "us", I hosted bunco and I managed to go yet another month with no progress in the family department. If the measures being taken would only make something happen I could deal with us not holding up our end of things, but so far it's not working at all and that is a bit frustrating. Enough of that.....

On a brighter note, Kate is doing better. She is home (for now) and is using a wheel chair/walker to get around. The damage is most evident in that she cannot get her legs to go where she wants them to - which I'm sure is terribly frustrating for a 16 year old girl! She did good through the PT, chemo & radiation and managed to keep her spirit strong and disposition happy! The doctors said they will not know how extensive the spinal cord damage is and if this is permanent for possibly up to a year and a half because it is a delicate area of the spine. She is continuing with outpatient therapy at home and will go back to MD Anderson for a new infusion of chemo in about a week. Please continue to keep her in your prayers!

Our anniversary was really nice and low key. We decided to go celebrate on Sunday night (2 days early) and have dinner at the Melting Pot. We picked Sunday because we'd heard that an evening there will take a while. They seated us in a secluded area and even gave us a card that the staff signed wishing us a happy anniversary. Our waiter was phenomenal and we enjoyed our meal, but especially dessert! Banana's Foster fondue - it was incredible!! Neither of us are fans of the cheese fondue, but the Coq Au Vin cooking style for our main course was so delicious!! It was just a wonderful evening all around. Then for our actual anniversary we did Chinese takeout and cuddled up on the couch to watch a movie - it was a perfect anniversary!!

That's about it in my world! My allergies are getting the better of me this week, but other than that no major complaints!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear everything's going well y'all's way. Happy belated anniversary and tell Uncle Frank happy belated birthday! We still need to plan a Decatur trip in the next few months if you're up for it. Cute new background, too. :)