Wednesday, October 22, 2008

my six things

This is courtesy of Jennifer

List 6 things that make you happy:

My faith. Not my religion of choice, but my faith in God. I was raised Catholic and now attend a Presbyterian church with my husband. He was raised primarily as a Baptist and religion/church has always been a hot topic for us. I have never felt that the faith in God that my parents instilled in me was ever exclusive to the Catholic faith, much to my parent's dismay. Before Greg & I got married we had decided that we were going to find a church that we both felt comfortable in, and that is where we would go and raise our family. It just so happened that our friends, the Greens, had tried this church and told us about it. Since Liz was raised Catholic like I was and Greg and Bernie were both raised Baptist we really valued their opinion on the matter. For us it is the perfect fusion of what I am used to and looking for and what he is comfortable with and looking for.

My husband. I have been truly blessed to have this man ask me to marry him and pledge to spend the rest of his life with me. I warned him from the get-go, divorce is not an option with me, he can only be "rid" of me if I die, but he responded by agreeing that he felt the same way. He has been my rock during the most difficult times I have ever known, he has been a wonderful uncle to my nieces & nephew, he is my best friend and my love. We talk about everything, our hopes, dreams, feelings, so much that I'm not sure that there is anything we don't talk about (unless it's a surprise for the other person.) He is the yin to my yang, without a doubt. We bring out the best in each other and I can't imagine my life without him.

My family. I am very close with my family. My parents are also my friends, as are my brother and sister (and SIL). I absolutely adore my nieces and nephews and I thank God for bringing them into my life. They make my heart smile. My best example to date - last night I had to run by my brother's house to pay for Girl Scout candy. While I was there my two nieces told me that they were going to ask their teachers and class to pray for my FIL (Greg's stepdad was diagnosed with cancer yesterday) and for his family because they "bet Uncle Greg is sad and his mom is sad too" When I heard those words come out of their mouths I started crying and went to give them a big hug & kiss. I don't know what I'd do without these kids either - my life is that much more complete because they are in it.

My new car. That may seem kinda of materialistic, but it is totally one of my favorite things! I just traded in my 10 year old Expedition for a 2008 Pontiac Torrent.

It is about the same size as Greg's Escape, but longer (the back seat has a freakish amount of leg room built in) I really lucked out and found one that was loaded. Sunroof, leather seats (heated leather seats), 6 disc in-dash CD player, headphone jack so I can plug my Zune directly into my car to play it, and it has remote start!! And the gas mileage is really good, which never hurts! Honestly, I didn't figure I would find a car that was this new with under 13,000 miles on it for the budget I set!! I have had it for 2 1/2 weeks now and absolutely love it!!

Bunco. I honestly used to not be a fan, but I have changed my mind! This is a great opportunity to see the girls once a month and eat some good food and just chat & catch up. Everyone is so busy these days with jobs and kids that it serves as a break for us ladies! Thanks Candice for starting it up!

DVR. It may be silly, but I do love to watch some shows and I am NEVER home when they are on. Whoever invented the DVR is a genius in my book ;-)

Now to pass on the "award" to those that haven't gotten it yet.....tag, you're it: Elizabeth & Emily

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Haha! DVR is definitely one of my happy things too. It's life-changing really. :)

jjofar said...

bunco and dvr!!! i knew we were meant to be great friends! great list!