Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm still kickin'.....just haven't slowed down to write about it yet

So I have been told that I am very behind on posting. Things have been crazy busy and I haven't been home a ton, hence the lack of posts. I PROMISE to get back to it, hopefully in the next few days. Until I have time to sit, think and write here is a little Christmas survey fun...I needed a quick break from work!

  • Wrapping paper​ or gift bags?​ most of our gifts are for the kids so definitely wrapping paper - I love to watch them tear into it!!
  • Real tree or Artificial​?​ fake....and not just any fake, a pre-lit fake!
  • When do you put up the tree?​ usually the day after Thanksgiving
  • When do you take the tree down?​ oh somewhere around the first week of January...I'm going to get as much out of that thing as I can before I have to pack it all up!
  • Do you like eggno​g?​ I have honestly tried it but I just don't like it
  • Favor​ite gift received as a child​?​ not sure if I have ONE favorite....every Christmas was awesome and I got so many wonderful gifts....if I had to pick I'd say the manger/backdrop for my nativity...my dad built it and painted it and I absolutely LOVE it!
  • Who is the harde​st perso​n to buy for? either my parents or one half of my in-laws...there just isn't much that they need
  • Who is the easie​st perso​n to buy for? the kids...especially Reed right now - give the boy some tools and he is entertained for months!!
  • Do you have a nativity scene​?​ yes, the Willow Tree nativity.....I got it piece by piece over a few Christmases , including the manger for it to sit in/on....it's one of my very favorite possessions ever!!
  • Mail or email​ Chris​tmas cards​?​ real paper mail, absolutely no question about it!
  • Worst​ Chris​tmas gift you ever received?​ I can't think of one
  • Favor​ite Chris​tmas Movie​?​ A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, It's A Wonderful Life
  • When do you start​ Chris​tmas shopping?​ we do most (if not all) of our shopping on Veteran's Day....Greg's parents started that tradition - it's a bank holiday so the men had it off anyway.....Greg and I started doing it our first Christmas together and it just works out so great....everything (except a few stragglers) is bought and wrapped by the time the tree goes up on black Friday!
  • Have you ever recyc​led a Chris​tmas present?​ um, no
  • Favor​ite thing​ to eat at Chris​tmas?​ my most favorite is pumpkin bread - it's SO good!!
  • Light​s on the tree?​ absolutely! I'm an all white light kinda girl though....colored lights bother me (on my tree, not on other people's trees)
  • Favor​ite Chris​tmas song? I have too many favorites...Tracy Chapman's version of O Holy Night is up there though
  • Trave​l at Chris​tmas or stay at home?​ stay home.....Christmas is hectic and exhausting enough as it is with all our families being in the same general city, I can't imagine if we were just here visiting for a few days for Christmas....I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be
  • Can you name all of Santa​'​s reindeer?​ Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen...and Rudolph
  • Angel​ on the tree top or a star?​ we have a star...I'm not totally fond of this particular star, but I'm more partial to a star
  • Open the presents Chris​tmas Eve or morning?​ wow.....um, we do presents on Christmas Eve with Greg's dad's side, Christmas Day with his mom's side and either Christmas Eve or before with my family
  • Most annoy​ing thing​ about​ this time of the year?​ people being "politically correct" and saying that Christmas shouldn't be celebrated in schools because church and state are supposed to be separate.....it's CHRISTMAS for crying out loud - it has never been a problem before, why is it now - why are people suddenly getting so offended by things like school Christmas parties, plays and such? Changing Christmas Parties to Winter Fesitvals and banning nativities from school Christmas programs? If we are really going to be THAT P.C. then shouldn't we not even call it CHRISTmas, shouldn't we change it's name too?!? Can't people that don't these things just not attend? I am ALL for freedom of speech and religion and not making people participate in things against their culture or beliefs....why can't we still have all the things we always have and still call them all the same things and those that are offended by them can just not go see the play, or not go to the Christmas party or to see the living nativity? wow...got a little worked up there...I just don't understand people these days....
  • What theme​ or color​ are you using​?​ what, on my tree? it is mainly silver & ivory.....Greg & I add a new ornament every year that has the date on it and we've always gotten silver ones
  • Favor​ite for Chris​tmas dinne​r?​ we have beef tenderloin for dinner every year with my Norman in-laws....YUM!! I am not really a turkey fan so I am all about non-traditional dinner!
  • What do you want for Chris​tmas this year?​ for the drugs to work and for all of the side effects and needle sticks and early mornings to be for something......to give me my family

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We have the Willow Tree nativity scene too! I think it's so classic. LOVE it. :)