Monday, January 12, 2009

keep the prayers coming

Kate at the start of her fight, summer 2007

So now that I've gone to the happy side of today I will go to the not-so-happy side. Please keep the prayers coming for our niece Kate. Pray not that she will recover, because she won't, but instead that she and her family have some peace at the end. Pray that she won't be in pain anymore. We got the latest update this weekend, it wasn't pretty. This will probably be the last update on Kate that we get....

Posted on CarePages 2 days ago:
"Hello dear praying friends, I really don't have my thoughts together like I would like to but Kate is sleeping sound and I will say a little more than I have. Kate's oncologist, made a home visit this week. He has been a fantastic doctor to her. They love to smart off to one another and Kate always has the last remark. He stayed and talked with her for about an hour, which was the most she has done in at least a week. He then spent time with us. He confirmed she does have fluid in her lungs, and does not think she will be here with us till the end of the month. I really expected him to say not even one more week, which may well be the case. She drifts in and out of sleep, and from time to time feels panicky because she can't breath right. She has been so sweet, and is putting things in order for those she wants to leave something with, like photos in frames and her car tag signed to Shane. There is no resistance to life, she just wants to sleep. I know she has given something to all of us, without handing anything to anyone. In our heart talks I have assured her of this,and she will never be forgotten. She is worried about me, but I told her to remember how God gave peace after Ryan went home to be with the Lord. There is no time for depression and withdrawing from living. There is great pain of separation, but I can truly smile at the thought that my children had a happy life, though short, and are already in the presence of the one who created them in the first place. I will use these experiences in life for the Lord in some way as He shows me how. One of the songs that goes through my mind often because of the lyrics is I Surrender All. "All", includes my children. I can't close without saying Thank You for everything that is done for us! I will keep you posted. With deepest love, Julie"

Greg and I were talking last night and we are just in awe at the faith that this family has. We think of ourselves as strong believers in Christ, but neither of us think our faith would be this strong in a situation such as this. We should all strive to have such faith in any situation. We think of you always Sullaway/Langford family, I just wish the next time we see you wouldn't be for such a sad reason.

last photo of Kate before paralysis, Winter 2008/2009

1 comment:

Candice said...

She is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.