Monday, January 12, 2009

counting backwards...

Greg is usually still in bed when I leave for work in the mornings. Occasionally I will try to start a conversation with him, which isn’t very nice because he is usually still half asleep and can say some pretty strange things. I find it funny though - most of the time, mind you, I am really trying to ask him something important before I leave and sometimes I will get a good answer and sometimes I can tell he’s talking to me as if I am in his dream. Sometimes I will TRY to get something funny though, just because his comments are usually so random and sometimes make no sense whatsoever. So this morning I lean in to wish him a happy 31st on my way out the door and he replies with “I’m 29”......so I try to see if he’s awake or asleep still by saying “oh, what....you spend one year at 30 and then you work your way back down huh?” and without missing a beat he just lays there (eyes still closed and the way he mumbles I honestly can’t tell if he’s awake or not) and says “well yeah, I’m counting backwards now”.....

Okay hun.....good luck with that! Hope you have a happy birthday babe - I love you!!

No comments: