Saturday, September 19, 2009

moving right along

Well yesterday I had my first appointment with the OB that will deliver my little love in April. My normal doc retired the end of August, so unfortunately I have to start all over with a new doc during pregnancy. Although, that is a lot of appointments and getting to know her, so I suppose it will be a fairly quick way to tell if I really like her or not. So far so good - she was very friendly and informative and made sure she answered anything questions I had (which of course I'd forgotten them all - I really need to remember to make a list next time).

Everything looked good to her. She tried to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler but "we" weren't cooperating, so no such luck this time. She did however give me a free ultrasound (apparently my insurance doesn't cover OB ultrasounds) so we could watch the little heart beating since we couldn't hear it - nothing like seeing that little heart blinking away to give you peace of mind. It was so fun to see that little body, it's arms & legs on that screen - this kiddo is growing and changing so fast! No picture to take home with me this time though :-( My next appointment is a few days after my second trimester starts - the Friday after my birthday! Eight weeks and we should be finding out if my little love is a boy or girl - November can't come fast enough!!

No comments: