Monday, July 28, 2008

have you seen me lately?

So nothing is new really, just crazy busy life as always. Same sh**, different day! A few friends have had their babies (welcome to the world Connor & Landon), more working on the Norman house (although not very much - and rumor has it it might be sold!), my BIL Kev bought his first house (and luckily only 3 miles away from us) and my mother had a birthday (happy b-day lovely lady)!

These days have been filled with running around like a headless chicken trying to make it through each day before losing my mind - so far so good! We have been helping Kevin get his house ready so he can move in - he bought a foreclosure so the house is needing a LOT of love. Lucky find though - it has original wood floors all over (except the kitchen/dining area) so a lot of focus lately has been on replacing broken boards and pulling up tack boards/nails. He is off work today and sanding them with one of his friends. Something about being sealed up in a house with no A/C on a day like today (it's going to be around 100 today) just doesn't sound very nice - good luck guys!

And then there's work - my supervisor resigned on the spot after having a meeting with my bosses earlier this month (the 18th). I was at the dentist so I didn't get in until 9:15 and he was gone by the time I got there! There have been a lot of issues with him so this is a good thing - although I have been working more everyday since and a bit on weekends with Greg in here b/c this guy was also in charge of keeping software licensing up to date and doing the back-up on our server. Turns out he hadn't been doing any of that and we didn't have a complete back-up of our server......since FEBRUARY! Good damn thing it didn't crash - we'd have been in serious trouble!! So my darling, sweet hub has been stepping in until they find an IT person and getting the back-up system running as it should have to begin with, better really. Bless his heart, as if he didn't work too many hours already between his job and all this house work we're doing for everyone - now he has to add my office onto his list! He's an angel!!

We had a great afternoon with the family after church yesterday. We got together and had a little cookout for mom's birthday, sans Lisa & her kids as she is cruising around Mexico right about now! We got mom a Wii Fit for her birthday....she's been talking about ours and the fact that they wanted one too so we figured why the hell not, she has everything else! She loved it - we set everyone up on it (except Greg & I - we have our own & I didn't feel like getting weighed and measuring my BMI in front of my family after eating lunch!) and then watched Bella hula hoop for a while. Quite a site to see - her hula hooping isn't so much moving her hips around in a circle as it was this strange shape. And her movement had some attitude in in, so we were all cracking up! It was a good end to a good day!

3 comments:

Candice said...

holy moly! you guys need a vacation :) any anniversary trips planned soon?

Jules said...

not this year, unfortunately! Greg keeps telling me he is trying to get a vacation for us planned for my 30th in October....we'll see if that happens!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like your mom had a good birthday! Tell her happy belated birthday from me! :)
Sorry to hear about your work drama. That's never fun to deal with.