Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun......or not

So I guess it's been a while since I've posted.......it's sad when you have to look at the calendar to remember what has happened in the past few weeks. Father's Day came and went. We all got together the night before to celebrate with my family. It was nice - us ladies took care of dinner and dishes - all the men had to do was show up! I did get to go to a beautiful shower in honor of Mr. Connor Joseph Benson whom is scheduled to make his arrival on July 21 or 22nd....I can't remember. I am so excited to meet him and to know that he is here safely - he's been giving his momma a hard time! My beautiful little nephew Reed turned 2 on the 20th - 2!! He had a party and I got to spend the day with him.....I have a ton of pics of him playing, I'll try to post them later this week.

We had a relatively nice 4th of July. Greg & I spent that Friday as we spend most of our evenings lately - working at the house in Norman. My MIL's house she grew up in - we are in the process of getting it ready to sell. And a HUGE process that is too.......the people that have lived there the past few years, we'll call them tenants, didn't take care of the place AT ALL and it is just in crap condition. They blame it on the "landlords" but the fact of the matter is they just didn't take care of it themselves and it was just dirty and torn up and the yard was totally neglected. So needless to say Greg & I have been making the 45 minute drive quite a bit lately (today will make the 6th day in a row) when we get off work to go try to make some progress down there. It is quite a chore and a bit of a headache, but it needs to be done. My MIL & FIL go down and work during the days so it's not like we're the only ones doing it, we just have a lot that is up to us to do. And we're tired.....tired of driving down there, tired of having to neglect OUR house, tired of not having free time and just plain tired. Hopefully the house will sell quickly - there has been a LOT of interest in it as we've been working - and my MIL & FIL can get their house sold and get into a new one!

A quick rant on the subject of buying/selling houses..........my BIL has been looking for a house for a while. He wants a fixer-upper, just 3 bed, 1 1/2 bath....nothing grand, just one he & 2 friends can live in, fix up and sell. He found the perfect house and is 1 week from closing and the lender has suddenly come to him and told him that he has to have $7000 in the bank or he can't have the house anymore. That is RIDICULOUS!! I know the bank is trying to cover themselves (the house has been off & on the market a number of times, all because financing has fallen through....well now we know why it keeps happening!!) It's only a $65,000 house.....It just pisses me off that they can yank him around like that - he has been jumping through hoops to get this house and now as he's a damn week away they screw him over like that......just because people in other parts of the country are getting in over their heads and can't afford their houses doesn't mean that everyone is like that - he shouldn't be punished for the mistakes of others!!

No comments: