Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Things have been crazy as always since my last entry. Thursday we were set to take Bella her birthday present and run some errands on our way home - well God had another plan for us! As we were preparing to leave our house & head to Edmond Greg got a call from his mother - his older brother had been taken to the emergency room via EMSA b/c his blood pressure was 170/180!! He has always had heart problems so I got a bit nervous that something was SERIOUSLY wrong. We decided to wait just a bit and see if we could find anything out before deciding what we were going to do. She told us a few minutes later that no one could see him for a while so we went ahead and ran to Edmond to visit with my brother & family so Bella could open her present. After visiting with them for a bit we headed up to Baptist and went to see him. I wasn't truly relieved until we walked in and saw him sitting there. That range is high enough to have a serious heart attack or a stroke and he has had open heart surgeries as a child and the whole situation just freaked all of us out I think. It turned out he was dehydrated and suffered from heat exhaustion (as well as a pretty wicked sunburn) - they released him shortly after we got there with strict instructions. Thankfully he is fine now, but man that gave us all a pretty good scare!

The weekend has been much better than the week was. My neck/back pain that I have been having all week finally bothered me bad enough to call my doctor. After talking to him and having him check out how limited my range of movement was he determined that I have a bulging disc in my neck that is putting pressure on a nerve and causing the referred pain in my back. I have steroids, muscle relaxers (to help me sleep at night) and pain pills to take (the last 2 only if I really need them). I was told if it wasn't better by Monday to come in again and I would start physical therapy and if it was worse then I would come in for an MRI. Oh joy. So I started my 6-day treatment after I got off work and then we went to get a new pillow (I have to sleep on a pillow that doesn't prop my head up at all - for those of you that know me I love pillows and have about 5 that I use in some form or fashion). I decided to try a memory foam contoured pillow after sleeping on one flat feather pillow and hating it - the jury's still out on the new one though - I can't decide if I really like it or not. We visited some friends on our way home Friday night and then put in a new fan in our living room no Saturday (well, Robbie technically put it up - neither one of us can work over our heads!) We FINALLY have light in our living room again and it is brighter than it ever was (and can be dimmed of course!) - I'm going to LOVE it!! Saturday night we went out to a nice dinner with Jen & Bob....Bob's parent's had come over to stay with Molly and the four of us went up to Edmond for a nice dinner & conversation. We had a really great time and can't wait to celebrate Molly's baptism this coming Sunday with the family! Then we spent a bit of time with our families yesterday to celebrate Easter. The Burks boys (and, well, me too) went to join JE & Jerry for Resurrection Sunday service and his church in Cashion and then we headed over to my parents house for lunch with my family and the Sisters. After a delicious (and filling) lunch some of us cleaned up and did dishes while my sister & Greg hid the Easter eggs for the kids to hunt. That was fun to watch!! When they were all done I helped the younger ones hunt for eggs and reach those that were too high.....everyone had a wonderful time! I even got a movie in with Greg last night - we ate dinner in the living room and watched a movie on our movie screen and relaxed together. It was the perfect end to a hectic yet wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Wow! You guys had a very eventful weekend! I'm glad your brother-in-law is doing well! And, I hope your neck/back feels better soon - that doesn't sound fun at all! Glad you guys had a good Easter - despite the chaos.