Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Independence

I think I am an independent person. I've never minded living alone and I can fend for myself with the best of them. Then why is it when Greg goes out of town I feel lost? This week is the longest he's been gone yet - a full work week. Most people would probably moan and groan at that telling me "that's nothing", and I am fully aware that 4 1/2 days isn't much compared to some business trips others take. The fact is though that we haven't ever been apart this long. Don't get me wrong - I'm not all depressed and moping around the house when he's gone - I fill my nights with household chores that never seem to get done with him around, or visits to family or friends that don't happen often enough - stuff gets done. My problem - nothing is nearly as enjoyable as it is when he's here. Sleep isn't as good, dinner seems pointless to cook for just me, and I miss the dozens of hugs and kisses that he showers me with on a daily basis. I just love being around him - he makes the most boring task fun and he makes the gloomiest of days brighter. My life changed that cold night in January when he asked me out, and it will never be the same.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Oh - I completely understand. When Jon is gone, it's just not the same. Going to sleep is the worst too! I miss his snoring and hogging of the bedsheets when he's not there ;-) Greg's back today though right?