Monday, April 7, 2008

Girls weekend - here I come!!!

So not a whole lot has happened in the past week - we went to Eichen's with the Taylor's, Blake and Stephanie on Monday for dinner - it was so good - Jen & I even drank a beer!! It was the first time in a long time (only the second time since my Grandma's funeral last May) that I have been down to Okarche - it was a little strange feeling considering it used to be a trip that was made every other week if not every week since I can remember. The time with friends was nice though - we never seem to get good quality time with friends anymore - everyone's lives are so busy! The Green's seem to be the only people we see on a semi-regular basis and I'm not even sure how that happens as much as it does! Our schedules just seem to cooperate with theirs whereas it doesn't with most of our other friends.

The week went on as it usually does. Wednesday the women in my family (and the little girls) got together for our annual pedicure (and toe painting for the little ones) while my dad watched my nephew and kept him entertained. After, we all got dinner together - Greg was working (big shock!) so he couldn't join us :-(

Friday night was the start of our movie night. We decided that we wanted to see all the movies that have ever won "Best Picture" at the Oscar's, giving us 80 movies on our list. We also decided to add a few that we wanted to see that hadn't won, such as Casablanca, Citizen Cane and a few other "classics". Greg's older brother Brian came over and we grilled burgers and ate dinner and then watched the first movie "Wings". It was a 1927/1928 silent film that was a love story taking place during WWI - it actually wasn't bad, although it was about an hour too long! Over 2 hours with a huge chunk in the middle primarily of dog fights, all aerial shots....it got a little old after a while. Other than the length though it was a good story we all thought - much better than we had anticipated considering it was the first silent film any of us had seen!

Saturday we had planned to help Jon finish the laminate floors by installing the bedroom flooring. About 5 minutes before we were to leave Greg got called into work in Norman so our day got postponed. I started some laundry and decided to wait and see how long he'd be gone before calling Jon. After about 20 minutes the phone rang and I got called into work too - which NEVER happens!! They had a salesman that REALLY needed a job on Monday and so they needed to have it set and have plates run that day so it could be picked up on Monday - so I went in to work (they offered me 2 "bonus" hours of overtime plus however long it took me to do the job if I'd do it - I wasn't going to turn that down!) So I went in for an hour and got the job to the press and headed home. I had called Jon and left a message as I drove and he called me as I pulled into the garage. I told him if he would come over & help me load the saws in my car then I would come over and we would get started without Greg. Shortly after Jon arrived Greg called and said that there was a chance he'd be flying to Phoenix so we decided to get started and do what we could. Greg ended up at Jon's house by the time we had a little over 1/3 of the floor done and found out a bit later that he would be staying in OKC and starting his vacation time as scheduled (today is the start of 2 weeks of vacation for him!) By 8:30 the flooring was done and the room was put back together with everything being cleaned and the bed being made too! We kicked some serious butt on Saturday - and my leg muscles are killing me to prove it!! I was trying to be good and take care of my back - and I must have succeeded because I was lifting with my legs and squatting down so much my quads and hamstrings are SO sore!! Oh well, it's good for me, right?

Today is the start of another week. I just purchased my plane ticket to DC for the end of this month so I am VERY excited about that! My "little sis" lives there and a few friends in Baltimore so I am flying into Baltimore on Friday around 1 and then spending the weekend in DC with my "little" before flying home late Sunday night. It'll be a fast trip, but it'll be nice to get away and get my head clear and stop dwelling on things that I have no control over. It'll be Greg's first time to stay home without me since we moved in - I told him to have a poker night with the guys or something - we'll see if he misses me as much as I miss him when he's gone!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Your girls weekend sounds fun - I hope you have a great time! Thanks again for all your help - you don't know how much we appreciate it! We'll have you guys over soon for dinner and a game night!