Monday, April 21, 2008

Seven Random Things

1. My skin color is unpredictable. I am one of the whitest people I have ever known and usually don't get much color-if any-anymore (I USED to tan beautifully). I am so used to getting nothing from being in the sun. So I sat outside on Saturday afternoon for an hour and my chest and face are BURNT (nothing else even looks like it was outside). I just never know what to expect from myself :-)

2. I hate my job. I am just too indecisive to do anything about it!

3. I check my email about 50 times between the hours of 8 and 4, but rarely after that or on weekends. Internet Explorer is just open all day so it is SO EASY to look at the tab bar and see if there is a (number) next to Gmail. It's a bit OCD, but I just really like to get distracted from work sometimes!!

4. I love bell peppers. I think they are my favorite snack. Green are my favorite - they are tasty with tortilla chips and especially with chex mix (that is the best!!) I love to eat them in salads, on burgers, on turkey sandwiches, on nachos and by themselves of course.

5. I really enjoy working outside and planting flowers & plants, but I am not necessarily fabulous at keeping it all alive. It's hit or miss really, sometimes things thrive and sometimes I just can't seem to get them going.

6. Greg & I both have back problems. He threw his back out while playing pool 6 or 7 years ago and I threw mine out 2 years ago this Mother's Day while putting my youngest niece on the floor (I was even squatting!!) He is pretty much forever screwed up unless he has surgery - I went to physical therapy for a few months and was taught some tricks to help it if it acts up again. Even though I do have problems if I stand too much or walk a lot without wearing good shoes, the tricks Mary Jo taught me have helped tremendously and I have pain less and less. I at least know what causes it and what to do if I do start hurting!

7. I am a never ending hair-twirler. I don't know why, but I love to twirl my hair - it is just soft & I do it whether it is straight or curly - I always have.

No comments: