Monday, April 14, 2008

That time of year

This past week I have been wishing I was my hubby. He had last week AND this week off of work, vacation time galore! He spent the week last week doing odds and ends around the house. He fixed the heater on the hot tub and we bought a new cover for it - our last one had been blown over the fence and ripped in half by a wind storm! It kind of ugly (it's greenish/dark teal) BUT it was on sale (a good one too) and just happened to be in stock and the size we needed (which they don't normally have in stock - this is one someone ordered last year and never picked up). AND it was the sloped design we were wanting (sloped down from the center so ice/snow won't sit on top of it) so I decided to overlook the color and just deal with it - it was too good a deal to pass up, and besides, it's something that sits in our backyard! So on the day that it poured rain we met at the spa store on 39th by Greg's office and picked up the cover and went home to put it on in the rain!

I can't remember that much else this past week. We did watch Last King of Scotland on Thursday - very good movie and totally not about a King or Scotland really. I'm not sure what kind of movie Greg was expecting, but I was thinking it was an old school movie - kind of like Braveheart - and that it was about the last King of Scotland. Silly me - I obviously hadn't heard or seen any previews for it prior to watching it - it was a very good movie though, we both enjoyed it. Friday night Greg went to help Blake for a bit (he was working on his floors) while I stayed home and made dinner. We spent the rest of the evening playing Yahtzee and hanging out together.

Saturday rolled around and we got up decently early and spent the day working outside - me in the flowerbeds & Greg in the garage. We took a break from our respective jobs and cleaned out the hot tub and refilled it - the weather this week is so perfect for a night or two of hot tubbing before closing up for the summer. After working outside all day we ended up being invited to the Green's for dinner, so we went over for burgers and all the fixings and got to hang out with them and visit for a bit.

Sunday morning we went to church - we have kind of gotten out of the routine of going and we both wanted to start back again so this Sunday was the day. We say the Green's there - Henry was SO good during church, even when another baby started crying and had to be taken out he was just content and quiet. I think he slept a bit, but I peeked back at them once or twice and he was just looking around being cute little Henry. I can't get over how fast he's growing up! After church we picked up Robbie and headed home to gather supplies and change clothes. We then headed to the Norman house. This is the house my MIL#1 grew up in and my BIL and his wife lived there until they got divorced - so now we are cleaning it, fixing it up and selling it! I worked in the yard - using the weed eater to chop down the huge weeds that had taken over the lawn. Not as nice looking as mowing, but we didn't have the mower with us b/c the ground was still too wet (there were so many weeds we would've had to do this before mowing anyway!) I'm sure the neighbor's were all just happy that it looks taken care of now. While I did that Greg & Robbie made up a list of all the electrical that needed to be done and took care of some branched that were hanging on the electrical & cable lines out back. There is a LOT of work to be done to that house - we'll see what all comes of it! We finished up for the day and headed home, stopping at Johnnie's for dinner on the way - a nice treat after such a busy weekend! We attempted to watch a movie after dinner, but I was exhausted and fell asleep (as we both knew I would) while Greg watched the movie....a typical end to a busy weekend!

No comments: